Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chapters 19-21

Sorry I dropped the ball on the one, ladies. I fell asleep on the couch, cuddling with Brad. I plan to go back and comment more on chapters 16-18, but I wanted to at least post a recap so we could keep moving.

19 - Katniss tracks and finds Peeta, starts to treat him, can you feel the love tonight?
20 - they get their first 'reward', Katniss shares her story from hom, a feast is announced, Katniss drugs Peeta
21 - the feast (fox face strikes again), we finally meet Thresh in the games, another moment between districts 11 and 12

This author has the uncanny ability to continue to put more and more into each chapter. Everything is so exciting, you just have to keep reading. I really think that the present tense writing gives everything a sense of urgency. That you are really in the 'now' with Katniss. For some reason, because it is written in the present, you almost feel like Katniss could die in the Games. Of course it isa trilogy, like Nat says. But still. It gives me the feeling mo like I am right there with Kat.

I will come back later and write more here (or better yet, comment), but the previous post is calling me almost as much as my pillow.

2 comments:

  1. I am bit curious as the what the correlation between Districts 11 and 12 is... I mean, it just keeps coming up. First Rue, then the loaf of bread, now Thresh...There has to be something right?

    It's official ladies: I'm torn between Gale and Peeta. She kisses Peeta FINALLY! Which excited me, but then she questioned what Gale would make of it all upon watching the Games on the televisions. Grrr.

    I think Foxface is a good contender, so I'm anxious to see what happens with her role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should stop posting when I am practically incoherent, LOL!

    As far as the two Districts go- I think that the author is using it as a way to develop their world more. Kat really doesn't know much of anything outside of District 12. D11 and D12 are two of the poorest Districts, so they have a lot of similarities. Did you notice that both Rue and Kat assumed that the other district got to keep some of what they worked?

    What did you guys think of the scene at the feast?

    ReplyDelete